Tiong reiterates his disappointment

Date Posted : Tuesday 04-Feb-2014

 

tksBINTULU: Member of Parliament for Bintulu Dato’ Seri Tiong King Sing has expressed his disappointment that his earlier opinions on the appointment of local councillors and community leaders were merely treated as an allegation by the minister concerned.

Yesterday, he reiterated his earlier press statement at the Miri BN fellowship night organised by the Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) was to voice out numerous views over the appointment.

He said certain leaders had failed to heed the long neglected grouses and still losing their sensitivity even after losing most the Chinese majority seats in state and general elections.

He said the state BN component parties were allocated quota to nominate their candidacies for such councillor and community leader posts through the Ministry of Local Government and Community Development, but yet such posts were retained by non-BN component assemblymen, like in the constituencies held by former SPDP assemblymen.

Tiong regretted that minister concerned had instead pushed such responsibility to the Chief Minister, State Cabinet and SPDP president.

“We cannot tolerate our party president being the scapegoat for the matter,” he said, adding that the other state leaders had been indirectly blamed because one of them failed to fulfil his conferred duties in fair and justice manner.

“Please bear in mind that if one tries to create all sorts of problem in other house, he must not regret or be angry if others do the same thing to him the next time around,” he stressed.

Tiong said the issues of appointment of councillors and community leaders had long been an underground issue,??he challenged the ministry concerned to carry out public census on how people in Sibu felt over the appointment of the deputy chairman of Sibu Municipal Council.

“To voice out these people’s opinion, I am not fighting for my own political mileage, nor do I have any interest to be appointed as community leaders or a councillor,” he said, adding that most of the eligible and recommended candidates from Bintulu constituency were not appointed.

He said this phenomenon had been prolonged for the past six to seven years, and inquired what had happened to the quota for the appointees recommended by the state BN component.

Turmoil in SPDP over Tiong’s ambition to vie for No. 2 post

PETALING JAYA: Several Sarawak Progressive Democratic Party (SPDP) leaders are unhappy that party treasurer-general Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing is gunning for the deputy president’s post.

A supreme council member, who wished to remain anonymous, told news portal www.malaysianmirror.com that several supreme council members did not want Tiong as deputy because he had been a “stumbling block for Dayak unity through the proposed merger between SPDP and Parti Rakyat Sarawak”.

The merger talks were initiated five years ago but nothing concrete has come out of the proposal. Tiong has been known to be not in favour of the merger.

Secondly, they see Tiong and his company Kuala Dimensi Sdn Bhd, that is now embroiled in the PKFZ fiasco, as liabilities to the party.

“It is in this light that we oppose Tiong taking over as deputy president of the party and we will oppose by challenging him,” said a SPDP leader.

The portal also reported that president William Mawan may not get to see his preferred line-up in the party elections in December.

The Bintulu MP, who is also the party’s Youth leader, would be going against incumbent Peter Nyarok, an assistant in the Sarawak state Cabinet.

However, Nyarok has kept mum on whether to defend the deputy president’s post while Mawan was not aware of his number two’s intentions.

Yet, Nyarok’s silence has fuelled speculation that he was ready to make way for Tiong to contest the post.

The Malaysian Mirror has learnt that a majority of SPDP’s supreme council members would challenge Tiong should he choose to contest the number two post.

Vice-president and Mas Gading MP Dr Tiki Lafe indicated that the party had discussed a change of leadership.

“There is a likelihood that even the top posts will be challenged, including the vice-president’s post. We are talking now of a Plan B and a new line-up,” he said.

Source: The Star

Turmoil in SPDP over Tiong’s ambition to vie for No. 2 post

PETALING JAYA: Several Sarawak Progressive Democratic Party (SPDP) leaders are unhappy that party treasurer-general Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing is gunning for the deputy president’s post.

A supreme council member, who wished to remain anonymous, told news portal www.malaysianmirror.com that several supreme council members did not want Tiong as deputy because he had been a “stumbling block for Dayak unity through the proposed merger between SPDP and Parti Rakyat Sarawak”.

The merger talks were initiated five years ago but nothing concrete has come out of the proposal. Tiong has been known to be not in favour of the merger.

Secondly, they see Tiong and his company Kuala Dimensi Sdn Bhd, that is now embroiled in the PKFZ fiasco, as liabilities to the party.

“It is in this light that we oppose Tiong taking over as deputy president of the party and we will oppose by challenging him,” said a SPDP leader.

The portal also reported that president William Mawan may not get to see his preferred line-up in the party elections in December.

The Bintulu MP, who is also the party’s Youth leader, would be going against incumbent Peter Nyarok, an assistant in the Sarawak state Cabinet.

However, Nyarok has kept mum on whether to defend the deputy president’s post while Mawan was not aware of his number two’s intentions.

Yet, Nyarok’s silence has fuelled speculation that he was ready to make way for Tiong to contest the post.

The Malaysian Mirror has learnt that a majority of SPDP’s supreme council members would challenge Tiong should he choose to contest the number two post.

Vice-president and Mas Gading MP Dr Tiki Lafe indicated that the party had discussed a change of leadership.

“There is a likelihood that even the top posts will be challenged, including the vice-president’s post. We are talking now of a Plan B and a new line-up,” he said.