Heartiest Congratulations to all the elected Yang Berhormat who have won the recent Sarawak State Election. The Cabinet were sworn in last week (nahhh Baru Bian didn’t make it slurppps) and, in a few days time, the Assistant Ministers shall be sworn in too.Invitation have been sent out to the various people.
The State Barisan Nasional have managed to maintain their two-third majority despite losing majority-Chinese and some Bumiputra areas. By now, the various political parties have completed their post mortem exercise, and nevertheless, ‘Thank You’ dinners are being held all over the State. Yummm seng! Good or bad, there are winners and there are losers too.
Partying here and partying there, I am not sure if we are paying enough attention to the rise in global oil price. Supporters from both side are calling for a lower petrol rate. Many wants a ‘rebate’ of what they have paid to the government through personal income tax. We can’t live on subsidy! That’s it.
So, what the heck with the global oil price? Simple.. it shall decide when YAB Prime Minister will call for the 13th General Election. If you ask me.. I predict it may fall on 10th September 2011. Why 10th? Hmm.. my house number begins with 10…
10 is Najib’s favourite number. It is also the first two digit of my room number as I write this article ;)
10th September is also a Saturday. It is also the time of family and community goodwill as the Muslim celebrates their Hari Raya Aidilfitri and open house sana sini. It will be much easier to organise Ramah Tamah Aidilfitri gathering, kan?
Drag it longer, it will be very costly to the government to call for an election, and, it will not be that nice to further increase the price of petrol.. eh!
Back in the Land of the Hornbill… do the ADUNs have enough time to deliver their election promises? Five or six months might not be enough, but the ADUNs have no time to waste other than to deliver and deliver because their delivery will in one way or another decide the outcome of the Sarawak parliamentary seats. The people of Sarawak can still remember the promises made during the campaign.
Here are the list of Sarawak Parliamentary seats:
- P192 Mas Gading Tekhee @ Tiki Anak Lafe BN-SPDP
- P193 Santubong Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar BN-PBB
- P194 Petra Jaya Fadillah Yusof BN-PBB
- P195 Bandar Kuching Chong Chieng Jen DAP
- P196 Stampin Yong Khoon Seng BN-SUPP
- P197 Kota Samarahan Sulaiman Abdul Rahman Abdul Taib BN-PBB
- P198 Mambong James Dawos Mamit BN-PBB
- P199 Serian Richard Riot Jaem BN-SUPP
- P200 Batang Sadong Nancy Shukri BN-PBB
- P201 Batang Lupar Rohani Abdul Karim BN-PBB
- P202 Sri Aman Masir Kujat BN-PRS
- P203 Lubok Antu William @ Nyallau Badak BN-PRS
- P204 Betong Douglas Uggah Embas BN-PBB
- P205 Saratok Jelaing Mersat BN-SPDP
- P206 Tanjong Manis Norah Abdul Rahman BN-PBB
- P207 Igan Wahab Dolah BN-PBB
- P208 Sarikei Ding Kuong Hiing BN-SUPP
- P209 Julau Joseph Salang Gandum BN-PRS
- P210 Kanowit Ago Dagang @ Aaron BN-PRS
- P211 Lanang Tiong Thai King BN-SUPP
- P212 Sibu Wong Ho Leng DAP
- P213 Mukah Leo Michael Toyad BN-PBB
- P214 Selangau Joseph Entulu Belaun BN-PRS
- P215 Kapit Alexander Nanta Linggi BN-PBB
- P216 Hulu Rajang Billy Abit Joo BN-PRS
- P217 Bintulu Tiong King Sing BN-SPDP
- P218 Sibuti Ahmad Lai Bujang BN-PBB
- P219 Miri Peter Chin Fah Kui BN-SUPP
- P220 Baram Jacob Dungau Sagan BN-SPDP
- P221 Limbang Hasbi Habibollah BN-PBB
- P222 Lawas Henry Sum Agong BN-PBB
The winners of these seats will also decide who shall be the next Chief Minister of Sarawak. Do you see what I see?
Disclaimer: You don’t have to believe in numbers. It is just the number 10 :)