KUALA LUMPUR, 23 April 2011 – Bloggers from ASEAN countries converge in Kuala Lumpur today to participate in the 1st Malaysia-ASEAN Regional Bloggers Conference.
Tomorrow, we will have the chance to meet up with Malaysia’s No.1 blogger – Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad and of course the man who twits and Facebook his daily thoughts, our YAB Prime Minister – Najib Tun Razak.
Kuala Lumpur Declaration On Blogging and Social Media
- The establishment of an ASEAN Social Media and Blogging network to promote understanding, good relations, unity and co-operation.
- To assist achieving and promoting the common values and aspirations of goodwill and to promote greater understand through social media.
- To promote the freedom of expression, freedom of information and freedom from prosecution in South East Asia.
- To promote ethical practices in social media by constantly encouraging engagement.
- To meet regularly and promote the growth and progress of social media in ASEAN.